- 3 egg yolks
- 10 dlg butter
- 0.5 dl white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of four peppercorn
- 1 bay leaf (smaller)
- 1 middle size shallot ( or 1 smaller green onion)
- salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- Boil the white wine vinegar with the peppercorn, the bay leaf and the pealed onion in a pot until the vinegar is half of the original amount (approx. 2-3 tablespoons)
- Filter it and cool it.
- Chop the butter into cubes.
- Put the vinegar and the egg yolks in a bowl that can be put above steam.
- Boil water and put the bowl with the vinegar and the egg yolks on the steam, and alongside continuous stirring cook a thick cream, while gradually adding in the portions of the butter.
- If the butter has melted and the cream is thick enough, take the bowl off the steam and stir the sauce further, season it with salt and pepper.
Enough for 4 servings.
We recommend the sauce for our Nuggets.